***New Organization Chart Posted***
In the fall of 2014, Dr. Gary Allen, MU’s CIO, initiated a campus-wide project to to integrate the central campus IT organization, the Division of IT, with distributed IT units/staff. This effort, now referred to as the MU IT Transition Project (ITTP), is intended to improve our ability to support and sustain critical infrastructure and technology services upon which we all depend.
The high level goals, all of which must be accomplished while still meeting universal and unique needs of our faculty, students and staff, include:
- Ensure investments in information technologies (and associated support structures) are necessary, resilient, sustainable and reliable
- Reduce or eliminate duplicative technologies and services
- Establish a broad set of technology and process standards thereby gaining efficiencies in spending and support cost
- Provide consistency in the support of IT staff through training, job growth and career opportunities
- Improve information security
- Leverage distributed IT staff to improve the process of evaluating, selecting and delivering the IT services
Four units have volunteered to be the first to transition to the new, combined IT division:
- College of Arts & Science
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Health Academic units (Health Professions, Medicine & Nursing)
- MU Operations
This web site is intended to provide information to the University community about the goals, objectives and proposals that come out of the subcommittees. The site will be updated frequently as subcommittee goals and timelines are developed, proposed and approved.
Feel free to contact committee members directly or use the feedback form to submit a question or comment.